Sunday, October 14, 2007

Photoessay #146 - new computer


All weekend, Dennis and I have been moving me to my new desktop computer. All weekend. I am very grateful for all the time that he has put in. All weekend. I've been working on an old IMAC from my mother in law. It was old when we purchased it for not much money 4 years ago. The amount of time I spend using a computer, I need a decent system. So, somehow, I could not download things any more on my old IMAC and some html issues put out by my employed was the tipping point. I had to upgrade somehow.

Which is massively painful. From a mac to a pc. All that old mail, I want to transfer. How to do it. But we did. We've got the new version of Eudora up and all my old mail (and there was a bunch of it) transferred. And picking up mail and filters and my address book moved. And some of my other files.

Some things I will miss mightily. Like the clippings folder. I used that many times every hour. Quickkeys and other shortcuts. But I know this is better.

Many many hours. As my brother says. Sure, it only takes an hour to set up a new computer. And another hour. And another hour, etc.

Dennis will physically make the switch soon. This evening while Naomi is at the Homecoming Dance

No comments: