Monday, October 8, 2007

Photoessay #140 - Make time for Melina


My granddaughter Melina is almost 7 years old. We don't see her very much, not too much connection but I keep in contact with her and her mom. I'm not a very involved grandparent but I don't intend to give up. For a long time, every few months, we go to Redmond and pick her up and we go out to Farrell McWherter Park and look at the farm animals, then stop at McDonalds. I know we've done the same trip over and over. But actually, we all like it, I wouldn't mind doing it again. It's always fun to se the animals, there's always somebody new. Maybe the baby chicks have grown up and that spotted horse didn't use to be there. There's some new goats! One time, Melina said "I think maybe the pig had babies". Well we had to check that one out right away and sure enough, there were baby pigs.

Maybe we'll branch out this time. I talked to her mom and I think we can set something up this weekend. Maybe the Locks this time?

This picture shows Melina and myself on a trip to see the animals in December. Kind of chilly but the horses were still hanging out.

No comments: