Sunday, October 7, 2007

Photoessay #139 - Chrysanthemum update



I wrote about my gigantic chrysanthemum purchase 12 days ago when it was all a mass of buds. Here's an update, I think my sister wanted to see it when it was all in bloom. Many many burnt orange blooms. Even a closeup!

It's gray and wet here all of the sudden. And dark. You have to have your headlights on when you drive around. And rainy, etc. Not that it stops much around here. Last farmer's market of the season down at LFP Center. I made sure that I bought extra, I am one of their faithful customers. Bought apples and then more apples, peaches, leeks, green pepper, zuchini, lettuce, tomatoes, yukon gold potatoes and these cute star shaped yellow squash. In a burst of generosity and farewell, I put in $5 in the case of the young kid playing fiddle.

I had to chuckle a few weeks ago at the memorial that I went to in Marin County when Sue was worrying because it might be a little bit breezy or a little overcast for the outdoor reception. Heck, if it's not pouring down rain around here, you are doing good!

1 comment:

Oreo said...

I love it! Not just red but orange! Not that I own a thing orange anymore but it still cheery and pretty to behold!

I lost all my blooms to the heat!