Saturday, August 25, 2007

Photoessay #99 - Last picture/hawk


The last vacation picture taken by my husband yesterday of the Columbia River from the Women's Forum overlook on the Historic Columbia Gorge Highway. Sand bars evident, these could be the sand bars which can be so devastating to shipping in the past, not sure. A barge going up the river and the hawk soaring. The mighty Columbia leaves its imprint on the region, so huge you can never ignore it.

Most disappointed in my box of peaches that I bought from a fruit place near Hood River. They've already turned mostly to mush and I only purchased them 48 hours ago. A box that weren't even supposed to ripen for two or three days. The non-spoiled parts taste sweet and tender but I've had to throw most of most peaches away. Usually I would purchase a box in Wenatchee, trundle them around all weekend and they would last for 7-10 days.

Have the feeling that the hawk is soaring up the river while we have to come home and resume our usual LFP lives....

No comments: