Thursday, May 24, 2007

Photoessay #4 - It's all about Starbaby


Starbaby is our cat who was once a kitten (pictured). She actually belongs to my youngest daughter. The correct appellation would be 'Her Regal Empress, Ruler of all she surveys'. She feels that all should do her bidding and that she is under no obligation to do anything rather than sniff at your actual existence. She came like that, from the beginning, it was All About Starbaby. Small, fuzzy and tabby, she has a huge puffed out tail that suggests that she might be related to a squirrel. She insists on monitoring all activities and is not afraid of workmen, large dogs or loud machinery. She left her kitten prints on the concrete pilings for our handrails in front. Singlehandedly, she defends the garage against all comers and she doesn't care how big you are. Or if you are a raccoon.

She has an odd but satisfying relationship with the gentle old dog, Shadow. She likes the dog to chew her up and drag her around. She has always encouraged the dog to do this, even as a tiny kitten. It's 'private' as one of my other daughters asserts. But she and the dog are buddies, they are always hanging out together. If one goes out in the yard, the other wants to be out there. But Starbaby gets to choose the game. Starbaby has many games including

a. Chase
b. I'll hide and you root around in the bushes looking for me
c. I'll get on the picnic table/fence and you watch me
d. Play on the stairs
e. Let's both rummage around in the ivy
f. You can chew on me

and the always popular
g. Ditch Shadow

2 comments:

Opal said...

Ya know ...

I thought I had this internet thing figured out.

Ya know ....

I know that you can quickly research the technical side of interesting questions, and get to authoritative sources ..

Ya know ....

I'm believe that I am reasonably intelligent,


Then I found this interesting sounding blog article entitled

"When proteins decompose their charge"
(http://tested-woodward.blogspot.com/)

hummmmmmm.

Ya know ...

I thought I had this internet thing figured out !!!!!!

Oreo said...

She is all kitten - kinda like Annabel but with more "CAT".