Wednesday, January 29, 2020

The bush in the New Haven Cemetery


Back to Mishkan Israel cemetery in New Haven, CT.  Where I own a lot in the old section with all the 19th century folks.  Through inheritance and a whole bunch of trouble.  I've even placed a stone with Dennis and my names on it just to be sure.  Next to my great grandmother Delia.  It was supposed to be for my great grandfather Charles Weil but he remarried and he's buried with his second wife down the way.

The problem is the bush.  Do you see it?  How can you miss it?  It's clearly been there for a long long time.  But it obscures the stone and practically the name.  It's out of scale and doesn't add anything.  Wonder who planted it.  It needs to go or be cut down a LOT.  Maybe my cousin will whack away at it.  I probably have some say as I own part of it.



No comments: