Sunday, January 19, 2020

Seattle Chamber Music Society


Last night, I got the opportunity to attend an all Beethoven Chamber Music concert.  My friend Lee called and said they were attending the concert that very evening (in a little over an hour) and had an extra ticket.  Would I like to go?  Turns out I had dinner all sussed (second time in two days I've used that word) out and ready to cook.  Sure, I'll go, I told her.

And so I did.  I made dinner right away and was wearing the clothes I had gone to Temple that morning.

They have a recital before the main concert.  In this case it was a very young red headed young man who played some Beethoven sonatas.  So cute and so excellent.  When he walked out David and I both said at the same time "He's just a kid!"  Lee said, "I just know his mom is around here, look for a red-haired woman"  We went out the side door and there she was!  Funny.

The same quartet, the Ehnes quartet (pictured above) played all three string quartets.  I never knew that string quartets could be like modern dance.  All of the members moved around a lot and interacted with each other.  They would bounce and stretch and exchange looks and move towards each other.  Very energetic.  Amazing to me that they can all stay together during such long complex pieces.  I found that I understood many of the words describing the movements from previous training so I could follow along.  Who knew?

Delightful, thanks for the opportunity!



No comments: