Tuesday, July 23, 2019

My new computer


See that little box by my (bigger) computer screen.  Underneath the picture of Teddy's momma dog.  That's the whole thing, my new computer. It's TINY. 

I am so fortunate because my husband bought the computer for me and set the whole thing up and transferred the files and the whole thing worked like first time.  I came down this morning and there it was, all installed.  How lucky am I?

I had only had the other computer for 3 years, not very long.  But one thing we have learned.  When your computer starts going wonky, freezes, starts doing things that you don't intend, gets slow... don't be in denial.  Don't figure it's going to get better.  It's probably not.  And when it goes, really goes, much much pain results.  Ask us how we know.  Desktops just aren't that expensive any more.  I think I hit Dennis at a good time, when he didn't have anything else big he had to do.

As the result of other computer disasters, we now have a backup that actually works.  That's how he transferred my files.  He did a backup, then he restored to the new computer.  And it worked.  Everything installed.  Dropbox is wonky but that's the only thing so far.



No comments: