Sunday, May 20, 2018

Flexible on Mother's Day


In recent years, we've had a Mother's Day tradition that I really like,  My adult children (and spouses) come over and plant all of my pots.  So helpful because it's a lot of physical work to do it.  If you have a bunch of people and you have the flowers and pots and potting soil all ready, it doesn't take much time.  This year, Susanna announced that the only time she can come over was at 9am.  OK, let's do it that way.

One thing you learn when you have four kids is that you have to be flexible.

Sh e brought over some yummy french pastries.  The good stuff, as my mother would say.  A selfe with her and I.  Between us is Chrysanthemum Corner and over my shooulder is an herb planter she got me last year.  We added a basil plant.

The rest are supposed to come over in a while.  Naomi, Danny, Jessica.  We will then order fancy pizza.  And my pots will be done.

After we did this, I went down to LFP market to help selling Pops.  Is having mom around really a help?  Today, yes.  I got there at noon.  It was the first market of the season and Mother's Day and beautiful weather.  It was packed!  I came on the Pops stand and there was a long line!  I jumped in and started to help.  We were slammed until we sold out two hours later, an hour before the market closed.  A lot of people were waiting for their first pops of the season.  I think we've only sold out Lake Forest Park one other time.  You sell out by flavors.  Zesty Lime is a cult favorite.  Not too sweet, kinda gray, but very refreshing.  I've written about how the preschoolers like Zesty Lime and they don't care if it's not bright green.  When we sold out of Zesty Lime, we heard a collective groan down the line.  Out of Zesty Lime????  Now what?

We worked and worked.  Naomi said that she was really glad that I came,  I talked to the market assistant manager (wonderful jam).  She said that she was also glad I came as Naomi was overwhelmed.

We all sell popsicles.


No comments: