Sunday, April 29, 2018

Oregon Ducks at Seattle Pops


Who could have guessed that this would happen?  I went to all three of the Oregon Ducks games with the Washington Huskies.  I told the Assistant Coach Chelsea that I wanted to go to all the games.  I never get a chance to watch them.  I don't care if nobody goes with me.  Dennis went on Friday; Susanna and Megan on Saturday.

On Saturday, Susanna told Chelsea that the team could come to their store.  Chelsea said that Coach White had promised them a dessert if they swept.  He had already promised that it they won the series, he would grow back his mustache.

In my previous lives with this group, my impression was that parents and others had absolutely no input or influence to what the team did.

But as today's game went on, I started to think that this dessert thing could happen.  Yes, they won all three games.  They were already at #2 in the country and Washington was #4.  So they could move up; they are now tied with #1 UCLA for the lead in the Pac 12.

So I rushed downstairs, asked Chelsea if it would happen.  Yes, it could.  Calls and texts were sent and received, some by me.  Yup, it was going to happen.  I hurried to the shop and the Oregon bus showed up pretty quick,.  Actually this would work very well because it was big enough for everybody.  Buying and serving popsicles is very quick even with dipping.  There's no sitting at tables.  You just go through the line and boom, you've got your popsicle.  Now the series is over, the Ducks want to GET HOME.  Can't get much quicker than this.

Then Chelsea wanted a picture.  Here they are out in front with Susanna in the middle making the 'O' sign. It all turned out great!


No comments: