Saturday, November 11, 2017

Trip to Cincinnati



Earlier this week I returned from a 3 day trip to Cincinnati where I attended a Synagogue Archives conference at the American Jewish Archives.  I went with a friend from the Archives committee here at the Washington State Jewish Historical Society.

The trip turned out to be more significant for me than I anticipated.  I always knew that Hebrew Union College, the school which trains rabbis for the Reform Jewish movement, was in Cincinnati.  And that the American Jewish Archives was there.  But it never occurred to me to actually go there.

But once I was there, I felt it meaningful and rewarding.  Just to be there in the center of the American Reform movement.  A library, museum, the school all there.  And the lovely archives building remodeled in 2004.

The first picture was a session in the central reading room.  Very attractive.  We also ate in there and the food was delicious!  Not sure if it was kosher but pretty close.  No meat was served but some fish.

The second shot was the actual Archives building.

I'm so glad I went.


No comments: