Sunday, November 12, 2017

Cincinnati cemetery


On my recent trip to Cincinnati, I accompanied my friend to the Jewish cemetery so she could visit her family's gravesites.  Especially her mother's who had died 25 years ago.  She had not been back since.  She is the great granddaughter of very eminent rabbi.  We saw his stone, Isaac Mayer Wise, actually an obelisk.  We also looked for the May and Stadler families.  We found them.  Here you can see her looking for other family members.  It's customary to put a pebble on the gravestone to show that you have been there.  It was hard to find a pebble, she had to go out to the street to find some.

Very similar to Mishkan Israel in New Haven.  I didn't mind.  It's what you do; you go to the cemetery.  Now she says, of course I am coming back to visit my mother.

No comments: