Thursday, October 12, 2017

Direct Democracy event


Today I'm putting on a faculty speaker for the access group.  My history professor from last spring agreed to speak.  I gave him the pick of subject.  My worry, right now, a little over two hours pre program, still at home, is that we won't have a good turnout.  I've been beating this drum for two weeks,calling in favors, and if everybody comes who said they were coming, I will have 25.  Of course, there may be people that I don't know about.  Last time we did this, last February, we had 55.  But that event just fell in my lap.  Trump just inaugurated, everybody at UW in an uproar.  All of the departments offering special programs.  I had the head of Political Science talking about his thoughts about the Trump administration. 

I don't know how it will turn out!  I have the thank you gift and the notes for my introduction.  It will probably be fine.  As Ilana says, "sometimes the magic happens, sometimes it doesn't."  She puts on lots of events. 

I will write later...

No comments: