Sunday, September 17, 2017

M at Pops


Today I had the opportunity to work with M, a high school senior selling popsicles.  She's very talented and poised, smart and calm.  She is going to be applying to some local colleges this fall.  We talked about the essay and other parts of the process.  I'm not sure if others in her family have done this.  She  told me that you should emphasize something unique about yourself.  What would that be?  She said "I've been working one or more jobs since sophomore year."  That's a sophomore in high school.  I know she works in the kitchen making popsicles and in the shop.  Just recently, she's been working farmers markets.  As with everything else she does, she did a great job.  She seemed to appreciate my help.  I come down to this farmers market because it's near my house and help, make change, sell popsicles.

I took this picture of her working the market.  Maybe she can use it in her application!

No comments: