Saturday, September 16, 2017

Four pictures



Our kids made us a calendar for our 40th birthday with pictures of family members.  Most of the pictures are taken from my blog but I really have no idea what I have up here.

This page had pictures of us.

The picture on upper left - our engagement picture in 1976.  We waited about five months before we got married (had to do with coordinating dates with my brother's graduation.  That seemed like a long time to me but nothing like now.  I am very grateful that the wedding industrial complex didn't exist then.  People had 'church' weddings or something different.  We went for 'different'  Taken in Sacramento.  We thought we were quite mature at 23 and 24.

Bottom right was part of a portfolio that we unwisely put together to look good as adoptive parents.  We didn't know what we were doing at all.  1981?  In our first house we bought in Seattle.

Bottom left was a picture we took at Naomi's friend Jackie's wedding at Ray's Boathouse.  That's Puget Sound in the background.  Maybe 2015?

Bottom right, I have no idea but not too long ago.

No comments: