Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Lake Crescent


Dennis and I just came back from two nights at the Lake Crescent Lodge on the Olympic Peninsula.  I know I've written about it before.  It was supposed to be three nights but the dog had big time tummy trouble including a very expensive visit to the emergency vet.  But he seems to be on the mend now.

I love this lake and I love the Lodge.  What I don't like is the restaurant (over-priced) and the lack of options.  I'm bringing bagels and cream cheese and fruit in a cooler next time.  $40 for an entree?  Really?

But it's a great 1916 wood lodge.  The cheap rooms (which we like the best) are upstairs in the main lodge.  Original.  Shared bathroom, not a problem.  Very homey comfortable place.

I took this picture on the dock last night at sunset.  It's a very wooded beautiful area.  Interesting, the prism across the center showed up on the cell phone camera but not to the naked eye.  I can't figure out if it's real or sorts real.  This is pretty much out of the camera.  Very dramatic.  That lake has so many moods.

No comments: