Saturday, September 30, 2017

Lake Crescent by day


Here's another view of Lake Crescent by the lodge, almost the same spot as the dusky shot from a few days ago.  I just love this lake; I would go there more and stay in the old fashioned upstairs rooms in the lodge.  If I could escape that darn dining room.  I think a small cooler with lunch stuff would work.  There's something magic about that lake; it calls to me.

The lodge was built in 1916,  The highway was built in 1921.  Before that, the many inns and hotels on the lake were reached by ferry.  All but a few are gone.  Their scrapbook mentioned that the ferried came from Port Crescent which looks to be on the Strait of Juan de Fuca or the Salish Sea.  Maybe you arrived by boat from Seattle?  You do feel like you are in a larger more lyrical scenic world by that lake.

We'll be back, who can stay away?

Lots of work on my papers.  Can you believe that I last sent it to my paid editor in February.  Like seven months ago!  And I've been working on it pretty steady.  Recently Dennis read it; based on his feedback, I restructured it.  Sent it to my writer's group.  They sent it back with many many changes.  I spent a better part of the day on those.  Then printed it and read it out loud.  Made 85 more changes!  One more read-through and I will sent it to my paid editor again.  Then, it gets submitted the PNQ and if it gets rejected again, I will find somewhere else for it.  Time to move on!  I have a paper after this one to get out the door.

I'v changed the title "Temple de Hirsch's 1899 and 1905 Fundraising Fairs: Influence from San Francisco and Beyond"

No comments: