Sunday, April 5, 2015

The seder we attended

I would call this 'our seder' but it wasn't.  We were fortunate to attend this lovely and fun seder. Kolhaneshemah, the congregation we occasionally participate in sent out a notice.  Would you like to attend a seder or host one for people to come to.  I signed us up to attend.  Though I could have hosted; I've done it before.

After corresponding with the hostess, we incuded Susanna and Megan too.18 people attended, all but three female.  Beautiful and fun.  A number of teenage girls involved with the families.  And a mountain of food.  Seders start out small; usually you have to wait before the eating starts.  And, once it does, it doesn't stop.  I brought asparagus, fruit compote, some grape juice and Dennis brought his almonds.  Megan brought popsiclles.  Fun time with people new to me.  Chicken roasted with orange and fennel, excellent; the pecan apple cake, right up there.

The usual silliness at the end with a version of Pharoh, Pharoh sung to the tune of Louie Louie, right up there in the song silliness competition.  You had to be there.

Thanks so much for including us.

No comments: