Friday, January 23, 2015

I want my pool back!


My pool in the Mountlake Terrace Recreation Pavilion is closed until Feb 16.  I've been going there for many years mostly taking Deep Water Aerobics.  It takes me just a very few minutes to get there, maybe about 3 miles away.  It's been closed since Jan 12; reopening Feb 15.  5 weeks!

I'm a MLT pool refugee!  My friend Julia and I are steadfastly working to weather this sad state of affairs.  Even though our class has been cancelled (I kept it alive through protest for 8 months), we and sometimes a few other people still show up at the same time anyway.  I've tried the Shoreline Pool, she went to Lynnwood Pool.  I went to Lynnwood pool this morning.  Whew it was cold.  It was ok, at least I'm not half dead like I was after the Shoreline class.

But it's not my pool!  I want my pool back!

They posted this picture on Facebook.  They're replacing the liner.  Not sure what it all means but my pool is closed!

It's easy whining about my pool.  I heard about a death of a contemporary.  I knew him back in the day but mostly knew him through my boyfriend at that time, Steve.  Steve announced the death, again on Facebook.  All I know is that this must be a terrible blow to Steve as he always admired him.


No comments: