Monday, August 25, 2014

Yosemite coming up



I'm looking forward to our trip to Yosemite coming up soon.  I remember being there only a few times, a long long time ago.  Who did I go with?  UCSC days, early 1970s?  All I remember was that we stayed at an unofficial free campground behind the gas station.  The Park Service provided it to the climbers because they would just camp illegally somewhere else so you might as well provide a place for them.

We're going to stay in the Yosemite Valley and there looks to be plenty to do even for impacted old people.  I'm voting for parking the car and just taking the shuttle around.  Not everything will be going because it will be so late in the season.

I watched their informational video and they said that sometimes Yosemite Falls dries up.  Given the drought in California, could be happening.  Check out the picture from the webcam.  No falls at the falls!  Actually, if you want waterfalls, try the stretch on the Columbia, Multnomah Falls, etc.

No comments: