Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Empty Nest

I truly never thought it would happen to us.  But I think it might be here.  Empty Nest.  My son is married a year almost and much involved with his own life, he's 32, for goodness sake.  My oldest daughter is still doing a few semesters of field work (which we help pay for) but soon should be able to get a good job as an Occupationsl Therapist.  My next daughter, just married, she's got a really good tenure track job at  midwestern university. 

And my youngest, just graduated at age 24.  She just left this morning to move to Arizona to teach 4th grade.  They only have one year contracts.  But she really moved out, mostly.  Either got rid of things or took it with her.  She knows it will be a challenging year.  But now that she's gotten all of her stuff gathered and knows she can move, she was saying,   after the first year, I could move to a diffferent state to teach.  If you do it once, you can do it again!

I've been mainly on my own schedule for quite awhile.  I lost my job 4.5 years ago and didn't bother to get another.  Readers of my blog know about my activities which generally revolve around reading and writing.

My husband and I have been married 38 years.  There's some maturity around here...somewhere.

No comments: