Monday, February 21, 2011

Photoessay #1213 - 1924 Harold and Betty


I'm not absolutely sure but I think these are my grandparents Harold and Betty in 1924. I have a few pictures clearly cut out of a photo book. My grandmother's writing "July 1924" at the top. Because this photo is mounted on that old-fashioned black backing, I can't see if there's anything on the back of the picture.

A happy cute couple. Which I might not always describe them as I knew them as grandparents. But they did all right and were married more than 60 years. The shirt and tie, he ALWAYS wore that. I think they were married in 1923, my father was born in 1926. I think I saw their wedding invitation up in my box of stuff.

But they are relaxed and happy in this picture. Sweet, kind of hamming it up with that New England birch tree. Don't know what's in the background. My grandfather, four years out of Harvard, likely had a good job. A cute wife, he's on his way, towards building his life!

1 comment:

AuntElgie said...

I love this and wonder why they are laughing. Yes, my Dad was usually serious. Notice that he already has a 'broad foy.rehead'. I never called him Father, always
Daddy!
In 1924, my father was probably in actuarial school in Hartford, where my mother taught English as a volunteer at night school there.