Sunday, January 2, 2011

Photoessay # 1164 - Movement


I would like to say that I planned this shot. Explains why I take whole bunches of pictures because sometimes (as the sports folks say) even the blind squirrel can find the acorn.

Our first day on the Big Island, Lynn took us to one of the few sand beaches near Kailua-Kona. Wish I remember the name or if it had a name, it was up north of the airport along those barren lava flats. Beautiful clear water with those turquoise shades in the water.

I really wanted to capture the clarity of the water. People surfing and boarding. So I took a shot of this guy in the upper right of the image. The shot works because I provide some context of where he is going. He's on his way across the visual field. You can see how clear the water is and the expression on his face, the excitement and motion. The azure water. And all those cool reflections of the surfer (from different waves?). Reflection of the sun in the water.

Definitely looks like a nice way to spend the afternoon.

Currently crawling through the last days of the holiday. Like everybody else in this country, I open my refrigerator and wonder what the heck is in there...

No comments: