Saturday, January 22, 2011

Photoessay #1184 - Board Dinner




This part written before the dinner---

Last year, I bought the Board Dinner For Six at the Parent Group auction. In the live auction part. I had attended a few Mexican dinners put on by John O and others and they were fabulous.

I invited two other couples from my earlier days in the group. A great excuse for us all to get together. Originally it was to be held at my house. One of the organizers, Freda, said that the WHOLE Board would be involved (not sure how many are on the board...8?) not just one or two. Nobody was getting left off the hook. I looked at my kitchen and dining room and said there was no way that 8 people could be involved in my kitchen.

I do host good sized Thanksgiving and seder dinners at my house, I think my biggest group was 19. But they were not formal dinners. And even though everybody gravitated to the kitchen, still there weren't that many. Freda came over to look and agreed it wouldn't work out. So we're having it at her house. She has a bigger kitchen and the kitchen is completely separate from the dining room.

Sounds pretty darn good. I requested no alcohol

And after---

What a great time we had! King was the master chef and he served a fabulous six course meal with 3 different sparkling ciders. An opening ling cod in champagne souce, a delicious butter lettuce and mandarin salad with honey vinagrette, chicken breast course, a rosehips and pear sorbet course (pictured) followed with a beef tenderloin with a port sauce with roasted potatos and snow peas.

And for dessert a french chocolate tort cake with whipped cream and rasberry sauce.

And the presentation? There were as many servers as people so everybody's plate was whisked away at once and everybody's food was served at the same moment. One to one server to guest.

Pretty fun!

Picture taken after the meal. Only 5 of those people are guests (David J is taking the picture), the rest are board members who cooked and served.

Great auction item, I recommend it highly.

No comments: