Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Photoessay #1131 - My grandmother's needlework



Two of the pieces that I received from my parent's house are an antique des kchair and foot rest. Both with needlework most certainly (though I am not completely sure)by my maternal grandmother Regina. Very pretty in their maroon way.

We used the desk chair for Thanksgiving. Unbeknownst to us, the chair had broken earlier and was repaired with some wood pegs. My niece Crystal, undoubtedly the very lightest of all of us, was sitting quietly on the chair. And it broke. So now I have to find somebody to fix it.

I use the footrest for my new reading chair. Very comfy.

During Thanksgiving 1, we talked about our various 'good china'. My sister in law has her grandmother's china but has nowhere to display it in her small house. I got to thinking about the third china cabinet that I have in the den which was lots of picture and family history stuff stored in it.

I might add, another large bookcase and desk along with several storage drawers plus two file boxes also contain picture stuff

I already have two china cabinets. I offered the third antique china cabinet to Lareen. I know she could use it and it's underutilized here. She really liked it. I know she will come and get it. I'll have to figure out where to put all that stuff.

Figuring that eventually, someday, we will move from this house, I need to have a comprehensive plan for all of these pictures and albums. In our life cycle experiences in the last 5 years, I've inherited ALL of my parents and my in-laws photograph albums. It's safe with me but there's so much of it.

Maybe somebody knows something about these patterns.

No comments: