Monday, November 22, 2010

Photoessay #1123 - Snow


The weather is an issue today. Cliff (arbiter of all weather) finally came out last night that there would be no snow. But there was. I cancelled by 12:15 appt but probably could have made it. No matter, I rescheduled it for next week. More worrisome is the on again/off again forecast for significant winds later in the day. Winds often mean power outages where I live. Tons of tree branches can fall on tons of power lines around here.

Lake Forest Dark as my neighbor puts it. We all still shudder remembering the six day power outage of 2006. "Power to the People!" Ilana wanted to join the protesters down at the corner.

Everything including our thermometer shows temperature below freezing but the snow is gone from our court and I noticed a puddle of water out there.

Shot used without permission from the Seattle Times site. Of NE 175th St earlier today. Taken by staff photographer Mike Siegel. He used to go to meetings for an organization I belong to but haven't seen him for awhile. Too bad, I miss him.

That hill is right by where we used to live not far away. First time, I hit snow (1979) I lost traction righton that hill. Didn't know what to do. Car was kind of off the road. I was only a few blocks from home. So I left it there and walked home. My next door neighbor looked at me like I was crazy "You just can't LEAVE it there!" So he helped me somehow get it home.

No comments: