Friday, October 8, 2010

Photoessay #1078 - Previous owners


This morning, this family from Utah who used to live here came over to see their old house. I remember they came once before several years ago. It struck me that the mom had emotional reactions to the rooms in relation to her own life (This is where my baby slept!). She also talked about the time she drove through the garage back wall by mistake.

This time, they brought two of their daughters (one is behind the dad in the photo) and they were delighted to be asked in. They were the first owners and only lived here 4 years (I've lived here 23 years!) They remembered that the house used to be yellow and there were some small saloon doors at the entrance of the kitchen.

They all marveled at the size of the trees (which is being remedied soon) When they moved in, there were NO trees. Actually the yard looked pretty good thanks to Susanna's efforts.

But mostly this family was relaxed and fun, clearly enjoying themselves. Thrilled to see the house and remember those times from nearly 40 years ago.

Just looking around!

Tonight I work my first UW volleyball game (vs Washington State). And then Saturday, an evening football game vs ASU. Hope I make it. I have an extra appt with Dr. Alex today...

No comments: