Friday, September 10, 2010

Photoessay #1050 - The U


So things always become more complicated...Always? So, in regards to the biggest employer in my city, the dominant educational institution. I had no connection. But I wanted to be involved. So, I've worked on it. I start the Memoir certificate program in Continuing Education in about a month. Challenging! And my previous involvement with Pac 10 athletics helped me get a job in the athletic department. Which starts tomorrow. Which I'm stressing about but by tomorrow evening, I will have experienced my first football game as game day staff and know what's up and what to do. If I live to tell the story....

But now something else may have come up. A professional school at this institution needs to fill a staff position in one of their academic centers. Working with students and faculty, doing administrative chores; a variety of things. But the more I read about it, the more I see that it involves working with students. I like that! I like working with the students. Anyway, it's not a sure thing. I have an interview on Monday morning. But it's moved quickly. We'll see!

So from no connection to quite a bit. An achievement of sorts.

I've decided that Teddy needs a 12 step program. Fetch Anonymous. For dogs that like to fetch SO much, they'll ignore and give up everything else.

No comments: