Saturday, June 26, 2010

Photoessay #1081 - New look



We had Phil and Suzanne over for dinner. So I used some new items for my 'nice dinner' setup.

My mother's dining room table with smooth nice 'not much' marred. Cherry wood. I have some very minor heat white spots but learning how to avoid that happening. Our old maple table, so comfortable, needed refinishing, nothing could hurt it but it looked pretty bad. Why use a table cloth when you have such a nice table?

Dning room chairs - the chairs that go with my mother's dining room set are surprisingly comfortable

My grandmother's silver - first time I've used it. Sterling with the initial 'B' Baumann/Barnes, it works. Insisted that Dennis wash by hand

My other grandmother's crystal - A number of pieces are damaged, I wonder if it's an improvement over the standard Pier 1 1976 set I gave to Susanna.

Pretty placemats that I purchased special. I think of all of the placemats I gave away...now I have to buy them back.

Plate's the same....

I wasn't planning on a green salad but Jolene gave me a whole bunch of lettuce picked fresh from her garden just a few hours ago. Beautiful!

Plus they brought a box of See's Candy, gotta love that....

No comments: