Sunday, May 10, 2009

Photoessay #690 - Daisy Duck!


Here's the proof. Here I am at yesterday's U Oregon/Arizona State softball game. The Daisy Ducks, kind of an auxilliary to the UO athletic department, help with fund raising and a homey touch to the athletes. Sometimes when Susanna got into a personal jam, I would say that one of the Daisy Ducks could help. Mainly women of a certain age, they like to get dressed up in all of the crazy Ducks regalia.

They sell bingo cards (buck each) at the softball games. At the end of each inning, they draw 4 numbers, first one to get bingo gets something. Judy, main softball Daisy Duck, looked concerned, her bingo partner had not arrived. "I'll help you" I offer. "Well, I shouldn't let you...but ok". So, appropriately deputized, I got the official Daisy Duck apron, $25 in cash and 50 bingo cards. I hit up all of the parents. "'ve been promoted!" I proudly say. By the end of the second inning, I had sold 22 bingo cards AND the money came out right which is always a good thing.

I like this picture because it shows a lot of things. Me selling bingo cards, the fans, the playing field with some of the team and coaches waiting for something. On the back wall featuring murals picturing the seniors (it's Senior Day) Sari Jane and Melissa. The trees and hills south and east of Eugene.

No comments: