Sunday, May 3, 2009

Photoessay #684 - View from my seat at Husky Stadium


I kid you not; this is the view from my seat at Husky Softball Stadium. From seats along the right field line looking through protective mesh. Of course, I was using about the strongest zoom I had. The mesh falls away as it no longer is in my plane of (something). Photography term

I think it also was Opening Day (of boating season. Dennis and I attended the very first year we were here (1979). Hyped up in the paper as some big deal. However we found that it was mostly people without boats watching people with boats. The point?

But they all line up next to each other to watch a boat parade and also some crew races.

The UW softball stadium, one of my favorites, great place to watch, right near the water. Especially on a sunny day.

The Ducks, aaack!, in a world of hurt. They lost all of their games this weekend. By a lot. Didn't play with confidence. Infield not tight. I thought Samantha S pitched very well. Brittany R showed great determination purpose in the circle. Glad to Shelley D in the lineup; I think she's a strong player. Neenah B made some spectacular catches.

Funny, when I make the photo smaller, you start to see the mesh...

No comments: