Monday, April 27, 2009

Photoessay #678 - My flowers did get planted


Yesterday, my flower pots did get planted. Dennis and Naomi were quite cheerful about it. Some passive resistance from Dennis at the beginning but I think he figured better to just get it done. We worked together very successfully and got the whole job done in less than an hour. So Naomi did the front ones and Dennis and I worked on the ones in the back. 20 total flower pots. One has parsley in it.

I've decided that the parsley along with red pepper flakes are the secret to good cookery. I made some split pea soup last week which was the best ever. I put the rest of the passover parsley in it.

Anyway, we're going with salmon, deep magenta, pale yellow as our color scheme this year (ok, that's what they had at Costco, but I still like it).

Our neighbor Peter C, enterprising young man in our neighborhood who is always willing to do yard work for $$ is making a killing as he takes over lots of yards. Including ours. He's very earnest and thorough. Sometimes he pulls out the wrong stuff but that's my error. But it's getting to be a lot of hours to do everybody's. But he's willing to do it, could I please wait until next weekend until after he takes the SAT? Sure. He hopes to go to NYU or UCLA. He'll do fine but what will all of us middle-aged creaky people do? As my brother says "we'll jump off that bridge when we come to it" Aack, I can't believe I just wrote that as I'm permanently off 'jumping off bridge' quips because I know somebody who actually did it. He didn't survive and didn't mean to. But that was 9 years ago... Guess I should lighten up. Also I never NEVER make drug, alcohol or addiction jokes.

Where am I going with this post...refocus...

Anyway, here are this year's edition of the upper deck pots. Can't get them all in looking at them straight on so took them from the side. But there was somebody who insisted in being in the picture......

No comments: