Thursday, March 19, 2009

Photoessay #634 - Will I miss the pipers?


Naomi's been involved with the Shorecrest Highland Dancers for nearly 4 years. The pipe band is always close by. Pretty amazing that Shorecrest High School can maintain a pipe band. Here's this year's edition at the banquet the other night.

I've been very pleased that Naomi has participated. Even worth the $175 socks (that I don't believe she has ever washed, she's going for a record). The bagpipers provide the music for the dancers.

However, it's all been a bit too Anglo for me. I'm used to hanging out with the Jews, the Koreans and the other colored folk. Tartans and blond people making discordant sounds.

So I don't think I will miss them. But those high school pipers look pretty darn good in their kilts.

No comments: