Sunday, January 25, 2009

Photoessay #529 - **1** puppy


I unilaterally decided today that 2 puppies (specifically littermates) were not a good idea. Too many articles on Google specifically warning against doing it. The pups' primarily relationship is with each other, not the owner so you have a pack running around your house. So I decided that one would go back. I knew Diana would work with me on it. But I had to do it quick or it would be too late. But which one?

Aaack! I decided to take back Roy as cute and smart as he was. And keep Teddy who was bigger and slower and liked to watch what was going on. It was emotionally wrenching and I knew I had to be the one to bring him back. So I did and Diana was wonderful about it.

Anybody want to adopt Roy, he's a sweetheart, cute and a great dog. Just too much. What we need is a pet, not a dog pack running around the house.

Tough though. Teddy really likes Dennis...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the librarian I work with says that puppies together are alright because you are still the dominant one.