Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Photoessay #452 - Austria by mistake


Problem: I have presented 452 pictures. I cannot remember which ones I've written about and which ones I haven't. My family points out that nobody who reads this would know either. So why worry?

Ilana came home from Europe with very few pictures. Could not convince her to obtain and use a camera. But she does have a few pictures from a disposable camera. I had another one but I lost it, she shrugs.

She narrates this picture "Oh, this is the time Fish and I went to Austria by mistake" Fish (camp name), from Slovenia, had worked at Camp River Ranch as part of the international staffing program. Ilana was thrilled to have the chance to visit Fish. "Nobody else is going to Slovenia" she declared. So Fish and Styx (Ilana) did the grand tour of Slovenia, up and down, back and forth. Ilana LOVED it. Yes, she and Fish cross the wrong bridge and ended up in Austria by mistake. Unfortunately it cost them 12 Euros to cross the bridge each way. "Don't tell my husband!" breathes Fish.

No comments: