Thursday, September 11, 2008

Photoessay #450 - Charl's hair




My brother, Charl, is the one with the good hair. Myself, I say, in order to have a hairstyle, you have to have some hair which is a problem for me. I have inherited my hair (extremely thin and fine) from my father and grandfather. My grandfather said he inherited it from his mother and grandmother. No hope there, bob's your uncle, etc.

Charl, on the other hand, seems to be descended from an entirely different gene pool. I might add that I am posting these pictures of him completely without permission. If they disappear in the next few days, it's because he's called in complete outrage. I will also add that, in typical blogging fashion, 20 minutes ago, I had no idea AT ALL that I would be writing about my younger brother's hair.

But here goes. Pictures here from 1972, 1993, 2008. My brother ages 17, 39, 54. Did I do the tacky thing and crop out my former sister-in-law? Yes I did, so sue me. Plenty of hair each time. Who can figure these things? Nice looking young man of 17, high school senior picture. Two years earlier, mine was in black and white. Also, at this time, I was off doing the wild thing at UCSC and not paying one bit of attention to him.

Of course, the burning question, what the heck was going on in 1993??? Hair mousse? The pouf look? What were we all thinking? Of course, I wasn't doing it because you have to have hair....etc.

No comments: