Monday, September 24, 2007

Photoessay #126 - Fabulous Costco chrysanthemums


Part of Costco's marketing philosophy involves presenting the shopper with something unexpected that they 'must have'. As a regular Costco shopper, I'm pretty good at avoiding those 'must have' items. But they got me with something this weekend. Huge rust-colored blossomed chrysanthemum plant. Round ball bigger than a huge beach ball, with lots of buds and flowers. This WOULD not have occurred spontaneously in nature. Just $12. Must have it. Must have the mums.

In fact, when I got to the checkstand, the older man in front of me took one look at the huge chrysanthemum ball and started shoveling his items back in the basket. "Not ready yet" he mumbled. Then he looked at me, gestured at my fabulous mums and muttered "Where did you GET those?????" I motioned towards the back of the store and he rushed off. He had to have some also.

My fabulous mums on my back deck.

2 comments:

Oreo said...

Blooms that will be wonderful to behold in a shor time!

In two weeks send another picture so we can see it in all it's glory!

Cheryl said...

I've seen some gorgeous mums out there, but your's are the biggest. I bought 8 wonderful pansy plants at Walmart. A must have too. Now if only I could keep the squirrels out of the soil.