Saturday, June 9, 2007

Photoessay #22 - Landscape - View from UCSC


I always notice landscape, what does the land and flora and the light look like? What's in the background? And especially, is the landscape green?

This landscape is the view from the UCSC campus. You are looking across the Cowell Ranch land towards Monterey Bay. Picture lush Coast Redwood forest behind you. I was captivated by this view from the very first time I saw it, in high school. As I mentioned before, I thought that UCSC was the most beautiful place in the whole world and I still feel that way. I lived up there for four years while I was in college and I never ever tired of the view. In the summer or the winter and especially at sunset. Can you imagine the sunsets over Monterey Bay?

The setting of the UCSC campus distinguishes it from any other campus. Some may be pretty but what could possibly beat this?

This photoessay entry is different because the picture is not one of 'my' pictures. However I went looking for a picture from UCSC and I found this one from their site. Used without permission. But it would be a picture I would take, had I thought of it and, of course, if I had the technical skill and vision.

I would like to remember more about those years 1970-74 as a UCSC undergrad because I think it would make good content for a memoir.

No comments: