Friday, April 19, 2024

Jamie

 


Another memorial for a young person claimed by drug overdose.  Hate to go to these.  And I just went to one, Janine, how can I explain any of this?

I have been close with his mom Kathy, for many years.  Been through the thick and (mostly) thin.  Kind of amazed that he made it to 26 years old.  His mom never ever gave up on him.

His special talent?  Stealing his mom's cell phone.  He could ALWAYS get it.

When the service started, I realized that Kathy was seated quite near me.  I took my chair and moved it so I was close to her.  Not to invade her space; she was sitting with her sisters.  But just to let her know that I was there.  She did.  I knew that was what I needed to do.

Line from the program:

In adolescence, neurological and psychological problems present before birth escalated, and his demons only grew over the years.


No comments: