Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Charl's new snow picture


 My brother Charlie Ginsburgh is a photographer.  Interesting, he became an artist late in life.  Mostly he likes technical subjects but he's plenty creative.

He sent this 'fool you' picture the other day.  It looks like he's in a snow storm near the Golden Gate bridge.

But he's not, that's the Golden Gate Bridge all right.  And he's standing on a beach south of it.  

But there's no snow.

As he writes:

I took the starting image (see attached) that a colleague took of me during a photo shoot, and using Photoshop converted it to a winter scene.

This is called a composite image where I combine the effects of several images into a single new narrative. Note the effort expended to add the snow to the camera, my camera bags, my hat and the coat.  Aside from combining different elements there are many other subtle effects that are used to make the scene cohesive and realistic. My goal is to make it look as though I really was shooting in the middle of a SF Bay area snow storm. 

Its technically challenging and fun to see if I can actually achieve the desired effect. In this case “seeing is NOT actually believing”. 

Love from the Snowy Bay

----------------

But I wonder, will I ever have a chance to live in the Bay Area....



No comments: