Wednesday, March 2, 2022

CBD for dogs

We've been having terrible trouble with our dog, 13 year old Teddy with anxiety since our cat died in late December.  He sundowns and starts being very anxious at night.  With noise, every few seconds he woofs or whines.  The only thing that will stop him is for me to crawl into a twin bed in the other room and he gets on the bed with me.  No other reassurance works for him.  This is not attractive behavior at 1 am.  We can throw him out of our room but he sits and bark/shrieks for a long time.

We've been getting escalating doses of narcotic medicine from the vet.  Sometime it works, sometimes it doesn't.  I'd had heard of CBD for dogs but the vet won't talk about it.  I finally bought some at the local pet store.  For the last two nights, we were giving him the prescription med and one or two of these.  Great results.  Knocks him right out all night.  Huge!

I bought this brand at the local pet store.  I don't know if this is the best brand but we've had great results the last two nights.



No comments: