Thursday, November 19, 2020

COVID - getting closer


 COVID-19 - the disease caused by the coronavirus.  Is it coming closer and closer?  It is, it's not my imagination.  Here we are a week before Thanksgiving.  Cases are up all around.  A young woman in my extended family has caught it, she is recovering but it's taking longer than she thought.  I know she's very impatient.

And a member in my immediate family, may have been exposed; waiting for the covid test for the sick person.  But she informed her boss and now has to quarantine.

A parent group member younger son tested positive last week.

It's people we know; people around us.  Mostly we are staying home.

I think we are going to survive Thanksgiving Collapse.  Here's the plan.  Immediate family with just a few extras.  Comes out to 11, I think.  Everybody cooks and we meet in our garage.  I've bought a bunch of bento boxes (thanks to son in law Matt).  Everybody distributes the food they brought into boxes or bags for each household.  Then everybody goes home with their bag of food and an hour later we have a zoom meeting.

I will cook the big (23 lb) turkey in the morning with stuffing.

It will all work out.



No comments: