Monday, September 16, 2019

My necklace from the marketplace




Throughout Santa Fe is full of art, jewelry, pottery and other themed merchandise sold in a million shops.  But the area in the main plaza next to the Palace of the Governor's, only special vendors may sell.  They must be indigenous, sell crafts that have been made locally and the vendor or their immediate family must have made the item.  No exceptions.  I wanted to buy a turquoise necklace and I wanted to buy it there.  So the top picture shows the market, the second shows my necklace among the wares marked with the arrow, the third shows me with Mary who made my necklace.  Unfortunately I am not wearing the necklace which I wore almost the entire time.  But I felt some connection with Mary; liked her a lot; went back to see her. 



No comments: