Friday, February 2, 2018

Goat cart



I've been working on an event to take place next weekend celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Jewish Archives of the University of Washington.  It's taken many many hours in Special Collections to go through the material picking out items to feature.  A lot of material!

We would like to have more on 'neighborhoods' but it's hard to find.  I did pick out this picture associated with a prominent family. 

Why did I pick it out?

Duh!  The goat cart, of course!  You have to include the picture of the goat cart.

Not everybody agrees with me, I might add.  Picture dates from 1926.  This house in Queen Ann (not known as a Jewish neighborhood) still stands but with much tree and foliage.  In this picture, it looks like all of the woods and forest were removed.  Looks like a brand new house in a new neighborhood.

Shouldn't every family have a goat cart and a goat to pull it?

No comments: