Monday, February 12, 2018

Deep Dive itself




We held the Jewish Archives Deep Dive yesterday.  A big success, lots of people  came, we had lots of materials out.  Whether it translated into real money coming into the historical society, I don't know.  It took hours and hours of work in the last few months  but, as Nancy says, it really was fun.

The first picture shows part of the two rooms with all of the tables filled up.  Not sure of how many items we displayed, but it was more than 150.  I know that we didn't have everything but we had a lot.  I had a hand in most all of it.  The tables against the glass, was my first main gig, the Congregations.  I also worked in other areas, Organizations, Business, Entertainment, etc.  We had a 'Special' table and I contributed all of the items, materials for the Archiitect M. Priteca, Rabbi Koch's scrapbook, one of Rabbi Levine's boxes showing need for further work.  Plus the music DVD we played, songs by Kathy Barokas, which I had collected as part of an oral history.  The middle picture
shows people attending the event.  The last shows my partners in crime; Nancy who was in charge of locating and displaying all the materials and Howard, who did all of the photo collection.  Several people took the picture of the three of us (including me).  Dennis saved the day by re-engineering the labels which needed work!

It was a big deal but it came off.  It was impressive and well-attended.

No comments: