Monday, December 25, 2017

Latke dinner


Today is Dec 25, Christmas day.  And I did have a group over here this morning.  I regret that I forgot to do the annual group photo.

But this was last Friday night, latke night.  Susanna loves to make latkes.  So this date worked and, though Hanukah was over, we did a reprise.  Ilana and I had all of the parts of the latke recipe together except for the grating, assembly and frying.  I had put a brisket in the crock pot that morning.  And had made a whole bunch of home-made applesauce the day before.  Though we trebled the latke recipe and cooked them all up, we were perilously close to not having enough.  The latke plate was empty and several people would mind have a few more.  They ate just about all the brisket also.  Afterwards we played dreidel for awhile.  Loud, as usual.  Does anybody remember what the characters on the side of the dreidel are?  Nobody.  Except Naomi.  "Why am I the only one who knows this?" she fumes.  We don't know.

Add Danny and Jessica and Jackie, Naomi's roommate and you have xmas breakfast except we had two tables and table cloths.

No comments: