Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Crowdsourcing



I (really my group Access Student Resource Group) is participating in a crowdsourcing fundraising event.

Check it out

You could even give us some money (credit card or send check) 

We've been running this organization on a zero budget (other than our checking account).  There's a lot you can do for free as a Registered Student Organization.  But we decided we should have a real treasury and, to give back to the university, set up a modest scholarship fund.

So this is the latest.  You make one of these thingies that go on their page and you let people know and maybe you get money.  We intend to keep all of our money within UW.  We don't want to set up a checking account and the alternative would be a manilla envelope full of cash.  Or no cash as it has been during the last year.

No cookies, no coffee, free rooms.

We struggled putting up our page.  John, the vice chair and I made the video with Dennis as Director/Producer/Cameraman.  I know I look like a squirrel spitting marbles but I had gotten my hair fixed that day.  You have to have a video; we made it one day this summer..  But we somehow we got it up, not perfect, don't expect the fonts to match.  Whatever, we did it.

No comments: