Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Jewish Migration

There's a new film about Jewish migration out on PBS.  I have not yet seen it (we don't have TV cable) but my friend recorded in on DVR.  Or similar.  Which means I have to go over to her house to watch it.  Now that things are settling down a bit, I'll do that.

I picked out this picture from some of the promos.  I think this group is from the Eastern European migration and I lean toward the earlier German migration.  Mostly.   I don't know who these people are, maybe they identify them in the film.   This striking group of young people.  You know who they remind me of, now don't laugh, they remind me of people of early 1970s UCSC.  The intensity of gaze, the inner agendas.  Plus only now do I realize that most of the kids at UCSC, those ones I knew, were Jewish.  and I didn't even realize it.

No comments: