Saturday, September 19, 2015

1924 school construction

I'm doing a project recording how Temple De Hirsch is mentioned in the Seattle Times during the time of the Old Sanctuary.  Very time consuming.  I realize that I have to get beyond the time of Rabbi Samuel Koch to the more controversial, problematic and colorful Rabbi Raphael Levine.

This interesting graphic demonstrates how things were booming in Seattle in 1924.  Including school construction.  The most interesting picture is the Temple Center third down on the right,  That building is not my main concern; I'm more interested in the Old Sanctuary.  Also being built or added on to:  Franklin High School, Garfeild High School, Roosevelt High School, West Seattle High School.   All important now.

Big time for school construction, great optimism of the 1920s.

No comments: