Friday, May 22, 2015

Scrapbook paper gets a home

Heard from my editor from "Connecticut History Review"  I had pitched a piece on the Maier Zunder scrapbook for the Research Notes section of the journal.  These are shorter pieces about resources available to historians.  She said she would be interested.  I submitted a much shorter piece.  I tried to do some sort of quantitative analysis of the contents.  I just couldn't figure out where it fit in.  But I thought it might work.

This was for the Spring 2015 issue and spring is getting on.  I heard last night from her with edits and tasks.  I had an out of date citation and needed better quality graphics.  She really changed the order of the components. Completely different order of my 1300 words.  She took out one paragraph that I was thinking of deleting anyway.  But it works, it works fine.  So I'm going with it.  She added an ending sentence that was a bit weak. 

I have some time here so I'll see if I can think of a better ending sentence.  I've done most of the tasks already.

I'm pleased; really pleased.  I'm beyond a late bloomer in the field of academic publishing. So I'll be taking every advantage I can find.

Picture taken of Ceceilia Bucki, Editor of Connecticut History Review holding up the journal. 

No comments: